Islamic Course Curriculum narrated by Omar Bin Khattab RA.
بسم الله والحمد لله وصلاة وسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه ومن والاه
اللهم علمنا ما ينفعنا، وانفعنا بما علمتنا وزدنا علما
وارنا الحق حقا وارزقنا اتباعه، وارنا الباطل باطلا وارزقنا اجتنابه، واجعلنا من من يستمعون القول فيتبعون احسنه، وادخلنا برحمتك الواسعة يا اكرم الأكرمين
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
We will be exploring a very important curriculum that is crucial to advance in Islamic studies and most importantly .
For that, we have to go back nearly 1,500 years when (stated by Imam Nawawii in his 40 Hadith Collection): Also, on the authority of `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: One day while we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) there appeared before us a man whose clothes were exceedingly white and whose hair was exceedingly black; no signs of journey were to be seen on him and none of us knew him. He walked up and sat down in front of the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him), with his knees touching against the Prophet’s (peace and blessings be upon him) and placing the palms of his hands on his thighs he said:
“O Muhammad, tell me about Islam.”
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) said:
1. “Islam is to testify that there is no deity worthy of worship but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
2. to perform prayers.
3. to give Zakaah.
4. to fast in Ramadan.
5. and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so.”
He said: “You have spoken rightly”; and we were amazed at him asking him and saying that he had spoken rightly.
He (the man) said: “Tell me about Iman.”
He (the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him) said:
1. “It is to believe in Allah,
2. His Angels,
3. His Books,
4. His Messengers, and
5. the Last Day, and to believe in divine destiny (qadr), both the good and the evil of it.
” He said: “You have spoken rightly.”
He (the man) said: “Then tell me about Ihsan.”
He (the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him) said:
1. “It is to worship Allah as though you see Him, and if you do not see Him, then (knowing that) truly He sees you.”
2. He said: “Then tell me about the Hour.”
3. He said: “The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner.”
4. He said: “Then tell me about its signs.”
5. He said: “That the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, and that you will see barefooted, naked destitute shepherds competing in constructing lofty buildings.”
Then he (the man) left, and I stayed for a time. Then he (the Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him) said: “O `Umar, do you know who the questioner was?”
I said: “Allah and His Messenger know best.”
He said: “It was Jibreel, who came to teach you your religion.”
Narrated by Sahih Muslim
It is from this foundation that we have built Ascend Institute.